Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekend update and then some....

Friday night I made pizza.  I made a favorite of ours,  BBQ seitan, pineapple pizza.  It had seitan, spinach, BBQ sauce, cilantro, garlic, pineapple, and jalapenos.  It was so tasty. The boys had a cheeze pizza.

 
Sunday I  made falafel and homemade pitas.  It was another tasty meal.  Nothing beats homemade. I have said it before, and will say it again.  We inhaled the meal, so you get to see just a picture of the falafel.  Mmm.  I made a double batch.  The recipe comes from ManjulasKitchen.com.  If you haven't been to this site, you should.  Her recipes are amazing.
 
Dinner last night was comfort food.  Tasty comfort food. We had gumbo, with a side of garlicky kale, and roasted hatch chile mac&cheeze.  I love comfort food.
 
So, I am excited to say, the garden is coming along.  We added a small garlic bed, designated an area for expansion when Spring rolls around, and made a pea tee pee.  Yes, you read that correctly. 
 
This picture, I absolutely love.  I saw our 6 year old going out to the backyard with a book in his hand.  I look out the window and see this.  I love it.
 


This is the pea tee pee.  We planted two different types of peas.  The boys are so excited about the tee pee.  I am looking forward to seeing the plants grown too.  In the summertime, I plan to use it for some type of bean.
 
And this is the backyard looking into the garden area.  The first bed is for garlic, then you have the pea tee pee, where the pots are will be expansion for the Spring garden, and behind it is our Autumn garden.  Our backyard is small, but we are making it a special place for us to hang out.
 
 
This evening, I made homemade breadsticks, a new favorite of the boys, and a creamy chipotle butternut squash soup for dinner.  It was really easy, and so good.
 
 
 
Next week, I am going to try something. I am only going to feed us from the garden, fridge, freezer, and pantry.  Meaning, I will buy no new food from the grocery store with the exception of soy creamer, milk, orange juice, and any toiletrie items. I will let you know how it goes.  It will be a fun and interesting experiment.
 
 Well, I am off to relax before bedtime.  Hope you have a nice evening.
 
peas and love,
Krys and the boys
 
 



1 comment:

  1. I love manjulaskitchen.com! And I love how creative and colorful your meals are!

    Someday, we would love to have a garden ourselves :)Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete