Monday, November 26, 2012

Let's get baked.....

Ha ha!  Since we are back into the swing of things after the Thanksgiving break.  I did some baking for the week.  I made a lovely chocolate chip banana bread.  We had some brown bananas, and I didn't want to waste them.  Never waste food.  So, I made banana bread. It will be a great snack for the boys.


A friend gave me her cinnamon swirl raisin bread recipe.  Yum!  I will see how long it lasts in the house. Thanks, Kati!

I also made the usual sandwich bread.  Easy, and tasty.  And so much better than the store.

Here is our menu this week:
Mon:   chipotle sweet potato, mustard green, seitan tacos, with a side of refried black beans
Tues:   sauteed greens, and blackeyed peas, BBQ tempeh sandwiches, & cajun fries
Wed:   leftovers
Thurs:   hummus, falafel, salad, pitas, and birthday cake
Fri:   vegan pastrami on rye
Sat:   leftovers
Sun:   coconut red curry veggie stirfry

All the greens we are eating this week, come from our garden.  Yay!  I will do a garden update this week.  It is coming along nice.  The weather has been mild here.  The garden is very happy.

Dinner tonite was tasty, chipotle sweet potato, mustard green, & seitan tacos, with a side of refried black beans(never from a can).


Have a lovely evening.

peas and love....
Krys and the boys

No comments:

Post a Comment