Sunday, February 24, 2013

The flu strikes again....

Monday, we had leftovers.  Josh had started feeling under the weather Sunday night, and was worse on Monday.  Tuesday, I took him to the doctor, and wouldn't you know, he has the flu, Type B.  I had my foot x-rayed because a 45 pound weight fell on it.  Thankfully, it is not broken, just very badly bruised.

Tuesday night I made a lovely vegetable, and tofu red curry.  I served it over rice.  I made a ton, and it was so tasty. 

Pok choi, broccoli, cauliflower, chives, cilantro, and sweet peas from our garden.
Garden red curry


On February 15th, I started a 60 days of raw breakfast, and lunch.  Dinner is cooked, and Sunday is a free day since that is big breakfast day.  I stumbled across this recipe. I found it on the VegNews website.  It was delicious!

Kale slaw with BBQ walnut crumble

For dinner Wednesday, Josh wanted frito pie.  Uh, okay!  Frito pies are great.  Chili, corn chips, cheezy sauce, jalapenos, onions, and sour cream.  Yum!

Frito Pie

Thursay we had leftovers.  We still had red curry veggies in the fridge, and we didn't want it going to waste.

Friday I made calzones.  I made the dough and the Italian sausage in the morning, and marinated the eggplant and portabello overnite.  So good.  We haven't had calzones in forever.  I decided to make a dozen, some to freeze for later.  The flavors I made were roasted portabello/eggplant/garlic, and faux pepperoni/daiya/mushroom/kale.

Calzones cooling on the stove.

Dinner


Saturday, we had a birthday to attend in the evening.  Josh and Little Bear aka our 4 stayed home.  They were both feeling a little under the weather.  I made a raw pad thai ealier in the day, and had it for dinner before the party.  It was quite tasty.  I found a similar recipe, but liked mine much better. 

Rad Thai


Sunday, we made solar ovens.  It was fun, and we can't wait to give them a try.  It gets so hot here, and the heatwave last a long time.  The boys are so excited.  We also went for a swim at the YMCA.  You gotta love indoor, heated pools. 

For dinner, I made a favorite around here, African rolls.  They are homemade tortillas filled with rice, mashed sweet potato, steamed kale, spicy cilantro peanut sauce, and hot sauce on top.  Yum!

African rolls

Well, off to enjoy what is left of our Sunday evening.  Hope you have a lovely week.

peas and love....
Krys and the boys


 

No comments:

Post a Comment