Sunday, March 3, 2013

March Madness....

 
March begins eating even more raw food.  March Madness!  I love it though. I get to try new recipes, create some, and explore a different part of vegan eating.
 
Monday I made a favorite around here.  Our vegan pastrami recipe.  I made rueben style sandwiches.  They had saurkraut, cheeze, avocado, and the pastrami.  They were so tasty.
 
Fresh sliced vegan pastrami
 
Vegan Pastrami
2T coarse black pepper
1 1/2T coriander
1/2t red pepper flakes
1t garlic powder
1T paprika
1t salt
1 3/4c +2T vital wheat gluten
1/4c nutritional yeast
1T olive oil
2T ketchup
1/3c red wine
2t liquid smoke
1 1/4c vegetable broth

In a mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, except the 2 tablespoons of vital wheat gluten. Add the wet ingredients. Knead until all of the ingredients are incorporated. Knead the additional 2tablespoons of vital wheat gluten intp the mixture. Form into a large sausage. Wrap tightly in foil. Steam for 45 minutes. Bake for another 30 minutes at 350F in a lightly greased loaf pan uncovered. Slice and eat.
© Two Vegan Boys 2012

Rueben style sandwiches
 
Tuesday and Thursday we had leftovers.  Easy, and no wasted food.
 
Wednesday I  made a salad.  We rarely eat salads, but when we do, we make them big.  I made a chickUN caesar salad.  It was so tasty.
 
ChickUN Caesar Salad
 
Friday night I made big burritos.  I used locally, organic spinach tortillas.  I filled them with rice, refried black beans, cheezy sauce, "sour" cream, seitan, onion, and tomatoes.
 
This month I am eating more raw foods.  I made raw tomato bread. I am not a fan of raw tomatoes. I only like them cooked.  This raw bread is quite tasty, and the dehydrator takes out the raw taste.  I also made eggplant bacun.  I plan to make sandwiches out of them, add some lettuce, and avocado. 
 
Eggplant bacun
 
I also made raw jalapeno burgers, and kale chips.  Yum!
 
Rawsome spicy burgers
 
Saturday morning our 6 year old woke up early so very sick.  Poor guy.  So, we had leftovers Saturday night.  I was still concerned we might have a rough week after dealing with illness all weekend, I cooked several meals Sunday afternoon to make us through the week,
 
For dinner Sunday night, we had a spicy Asian noodle soup. It is a recipe I veganized from the latest issue of Bon Appetit.  It was crazy spicy.
 
Hot as hell soup
 
Well off to get some rest before Monday gets here. Hope you have a lovely evening.
 
peas and love....
Krys and the boys
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment