Thursday, March 13, 2014

Beet it!

The other day, the boys requested cheeseburger spiders.  They love the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. So, I made burgers, and fries.  Beet burgers to be more specific. 


Growing up, I never liked beets. My knowledge of beets came from a can.  Disgusting! This year, we grew beets in the garden.  And, they were just lovely.

I came across a beet burger recipe on the PPK website. I will admit, I was a bit skeptic.  Not about The PPK recipes.  But, the use of beets.  As I mentioned, so not a fan. I decided I would give it a try.  First, it as kind of creepy seeing the burgers cooking in the iron skillet.  They looked like raw meat burgers.  Yuck!
The finished product was amazing. I couldn't taste the beet in the burger.  The boys liked them too. I served them with a side of oven roasted fries. Boogie tucked some fries into the burger to make it a cheeseburger spider. Fun! 

I made gluten free burger buns, using a recipe from Vegan Richa (veganricha.com). They were delicious.  Check out her site.  The recipes are amazing.

Food is love.

blessings,
Krys, and the boys

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see a post from you again! you know I love all things spider!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do too. Spiders are friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed your blog!! But glad your back. Now I want beet burger spiders too!!! Love beet burgers!

    ReplyDelete